This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Have you been complaining about how this Summer has been cooler than usual? Alright, then get ready for a heat wave this weekend!
- What's going on with development at Fountain and La Brea? Here's what.
- Move over Bell? Maybe not, but there's a movement to recall the mayor of Compton over corruption allegations.
- Back to Bell: "We have a simple message for Meg Whitman. Don’t take the suffering of Bell residents and use it for political purposes. Cease and desist!”
- "Comedy is becoming serious business for Silver Lake bars and restaurants."
- A $600 million bill to beef of security along the Mexican border was approved by the U.S. Senate today.
- 15-year-old male twins died in a fire in Baldwin Village early this morning. A candle may be to blame.
- Last chance! Want a box suite for you and three friends at the Greek Theatre? Enter here. We're also giving away tickets to next week's concert of Rodrigo Y Gabriela at the Greek here.