Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Down 2.5%: "Here’s another sign the economy is struggling: the personal income of California residents dropped last year for the first time since World War II."
- Parkman Triangle Park in Silver Lake will be dedicated this weekend.
- There's a pretty sweet A-frame house in the Hollywood Hills that's for sale right now.
- Low-tide brought in a lot of shells to Venice beach yesterday. Yo! Venice is trying to figure out species they are.
- Distraction kills: the Coast Guardsman who collided with a civilian craft and left an 8-year-old boy dead in the San Diego Bay was using his cellphone right before the incident.
- A business win for L.A: Farmers Insurance is moving from Simi Valley to Woodland Hills.
- A Tustin man rammed a tow truck repossessing his car and then got into an 11-hour standoff with police. It ended peacefully.
- WIN WIN WIN! Want a box suite for you and three friends at the Greek Theatre? Enter here. We're also giving away tickets to next week's concert of Rodrigo Y Gabriela at the Greek here.