LAist needs your reader support
You can power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our June Member drive.
- Down 2.5%: "Here’s another sign the economy is struggling: the personal income of California residents dropped last year for the first time since World War II."
- Parkman Triangle Park in Silver Lake will be dedicated this weekend.
- There's a pretty sweet A-frame house in the Hollywood Hills that's for sale right now.
- Low-tide brought in a lot of shells to Venice beach yesterday. Yo! Venice is trying to figure out species they are.
- Distraction kills: the Coast Guardsman who collided with a civilian craft and left an 8-year-old boy dead in the San Diego Bay was using his cellphone right before the incident.
- A business win for L.A: Farmers Insurance is moving from Simi Valley to Woodland Hills.
- A Tustin man rammed a tow truck repossessing his car and then got into an 11-hour standoff with police. It ended peacefully.
- WIN WIN WIN! Want a box suite for you and three friends at the Greek Theatre? Enter here. We're also giving away tickets to next week's concert of Rodrigo Y Gabriela at the Greek here.