Local community reporting is vital, so is your support.
Your donation, which powers our reporters and keep us independent, will be matched dollar for dollar today during our June Member drive.
- Elena Kagan's nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court was approved by the U.S. Senate today, paving the way for the first time the high court will have three women.
- Sharrows can now be found on Abbot Kinney in Venice.
- A proposal for a downtown development includes two skyscrapers being electronic billboards of sorts themselves.
- Headline of the day: "Man allegedly goes into LAPD station, threatens officers and leads police in chase."
- blogdowntown's weekly print publication made it's debut today -- and via a funky tricycle.
- Michael LoGrande has been confirmed as the city's new Planning Director. So now what?
- This Elysian Park home, complete with a pentagram (and is that blood in the middle of it?) can be yours for $199,000.
- Want to go see LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip and Sleigh Bells on Frday, October 15th at the Hollywood Bowl? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!