LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- After a coyote snatched a pet dog near Griffith Park, the Griffith Park Wayist urges everyone to use a leash (it's the law in most all public places, anyway).
- Five days and 14,000 acres later, the Crown Fire in northern L.A. County has been fully contained.
- Congrats to UCLA's Daily Bruin for ranking among the top 20 student newspapers in the nation!
- Seemingly benign, but a big issue at city hall today: "Divided L.A. council votes to outsource fire department ambulance billings over union objections."
- A woman who in 2007 slammed her vehicle into a group of people in South L.A., leaving a pregnant woman and her unborn child dead, was sentenced to 30 years in prison today.
- Some L.A. history: In a series, blogdowntown is examining seven downtown buildings that were demolished, despite their protected historical status.
- Cool: The Classic Tetris World Championship is coming to L.A. this week.
- Want to go see LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip and Sleigh Bells on Frday, October 15th at the Hollywood Bowl? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!