Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- What's more important to the City Council: Boycotting Arizona or having the LAX SuperShuttle running?
- Bad news if you get your heroin in The OC. (Besides the fact that, hello, you're buying heroin.)
- A Sheriff's Department spokesperson said Lindsay Lohan is behaving well inside her temporary new home at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood. She'll ultimately serve only 13 days of her 90-day sentence due to overcrowding.
- An uninsured and unlicensed 23-year-old woman has been arrested in conjunction with the hit-and-run death of an 11-year-old boy in South LA.
- Local detectives are looking into the possibility that Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend is using doctored audio tapes as part of an extortion scheme.
- Soccer fans: The Rose Bowl in Pasadena will host the 2011 Gold Cup final.
- EaterLA has info about a new forthcoming Cuban Food Truck, and the temporary re-branding of The Knockout Taco Truck as The Machete Taco Truck to go with the film of the same name. (Well, minus the "Taco Truck" part.)