LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- What's more important to the City Council: Boycotting Arizona or having the LAX SuperShuttle running?
- Bad news if you get your heroin in The OC. (Besides the fact that, hello, you're buying heroin.)
- A Sheriff's Department spokesperson said Lindsay Lohan is behaving well inside her temporary new home at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood. She'll ultimately serve only 13 days of her 90-day sentence due to overcrowding.
- An uninsured and unlicensed 23-year-old woman has been arrested in conjunction with the hit-and-run death of an 11-year-old boy in South LA.
- Local detectives are looking into the possibility that Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend is using doctored audio tapes as part of an extortion scheme.
- Soccer fans: The Rose Bowl in Pasadena will host the 2011 Gold Cup final.
- EaterLA has info about a new forthcoming Cuban Food Truck, and the temporary re-branding of The Knockout Taco Truck as The Machete Taco Truck to go with the film of the same name. (Well, minus the "Taco Truck" part.)