Extra Extra: Fashion Rocks, LAX Sucks, Hayden Dunks!
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Now that the writer's strike is on, what will happen to your favorite shows? The LA Times has worked up a grid explaining the future status of shows like "Lost," "Scrubs," and "Battlestar Galactica". The real tragedy here, of course, is that "The Colbert Report" is immediately going into reruns.
- Heathrow and Chicago O'Hare share the dubious honor of TripAdvisor's Least Favorite Airport: and yes, LAX represents itself nicely at #4.
- LA Weekly takes a look at the good, the bad, the ugly, and the, uh, really really weird from this year's Fashion Week at Smashbox Studios.
- Congress let slide Bush's vetoes of stem-cell research, children's health insurance, and Iraq timelines -- but when he vetoes those water bills, all hell breaks loose! Dems are trying to "portray Bush as out of touch with domestic priorities." OMGZZ NO WAY, REALLY???
- So I'm reading over this article onL.A.'s literary scene (which rocks, by the way), and all of a sudden I see that James Franco is earning his MFA in Creative Writing at UCLA. Hot? Or sign of the apocalypse?
- Fires out yet? Fires out yet? Fires out yet? The Santiago fire is 90% contained, which is a good thing as we go into another potentially hot and dry weekend.
- Another strike for equity in city spending: a judge ruled again today that the DWP cannot stop the Daily News from printing employee salaries. The judge reasoned that "the union representing nearly 8,500 DWP workers failed to demonstrate the need for a preliminary injunction."
- Here's a fun list to brighten your strike-dimmed weekend: Top Ten Actor-Director Tandems in Movie History; we agree that there just aren't film roles anymore for women like the ones Diane Keaton originated with Woody Allen back in the day.
- Sadly, Hayden Panattiere isn't a hero when it comes to saving dolphins, although she and a group of activist friends tried their best to prevent Japanese fisherman from massacring a pod of the friendly critters. Also, Hayden Panettiere in a bikini!!!!