LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- How did the residents of Boyle Heights, Echo Park and Lincoln Heights celebrate Independence Day more than a century ago? Here's how.
- In Venice, the Fourth of July means a regatta in the canals. Yo! Venice has the photos.
- You can now get free shuttle service between Burbank Airport and the Burbank Metrolink Station.
- Raska, a relatively new studio in Culver City, is offering a lot when it comes to stress reduction -- such as yoga, tarot, tai chi, Qigong, Feldenkrais and more.
- Why it may be harder to park in Santa Monica's parking structures these days.
- The nation's oldest postal worker, based in Redlands, retired at the age of 95 last week.
- And the oldest living Pullman porter looks back at his job, which he began in 1936.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.