Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Your tax dollars at work: thousands of dollars in welfare money was found to be taken out of ATM machines at strip clubs, many of them local.
- Now that Trader Joe's is heading in the direction of selling sustainable seafood, Greenpeace's latest target is Costco.
- Anthem Blue Cross' latest proposed healthcare rate hike: not a 39% hike, but a 14%.
- July 1st marks the new fiscal year at Los Angeles City Hall. That means hundreds of layoffs.
- This could be a bummer: "A study finds Los Angeles County agencies are unprepared in the event of a disaster to provide emergency information to residents who don't speak English."
- L.A.'s top planner Gail Goldberg has resigned. Who will Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa appoint next?
- KNBC traffic reporter Paul Johnson has died. R.I.P.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.