LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Your tax dollars at work: thousands of dollars in welfare money was found to be taken out of ATM machines at strip clubs, many of them local.
- Now that Trader Joe's is heading in the direction of selling sustainable seafood, Greenpeace's latest target is Costco.
- Anthem Blue Cross' latest proposed healthcare rate hike: not a 39% hike, but a 14%.
- July 1st marks the new fiscal year at Los Angeles City Hall. That means hundreds of layoffs.
- This could be a bummer: "A study finds Los Angeles County agencies are unprepared in the event of a disaster to provide emergency information to residents who don't speak English."
- L.A.'s top planner Gail Goldberg has resigned. Who will Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa appoint next?
- KNBC traffic reporter Paul Johnson has died. R.I.P.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.