Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Sorry! Parole for former Charles Manson family member Bruce Davis has been denied by Governor Schwarzenegger.
- The man killed in a hit-and-run on the 405 Freeway over the weekend has been identified as James Daniel O'Connel, who went missing after a Bel Air party on Friday night.
- "The Supreme Court held Monday that the Constitution's Second Amendment restrains government's ability to significantly limit 'the right to keep and bear arms,' advancing a recent trend by the John Roberts-led bench to embrace gun rights."
- With much of the Angeles National Forest still closed after last year Station Fire, here's where people are hiking.
- Bill Cosby and Malcolm-Jamal Warner kicked off the California African American Museum’s Duets & Dialogues series earlier this month.
- A man who tried to rob a KFC in San Diego by using a heavy chain was thwarted by an off-duty officer who pulled a gun on him this weekend.
- The race for governor shows two very different campaign styles and approaches used by former eBay CEO Meg Whitman and Attorney General Jerry Brown.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.