LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- It's official, but that doesn't make it good news: The Gulf oil spill has surpassed the Exxon one, making it the worst one in U.S. history.
- A little parade happened in downtown L.A. today to rally the efforts of bringing LeBron James to The Clippers.
- Sounds like fun: ABC is doing some game show where you throw stuff and people off the side of a 10-story building in downtown.
- KISS' Gene Simmons won't be charged in the alleged attack of a couple at The Grove last year.
- A relief for the family: the woman who randomly disappeared Wednesday in Lake Forest was found alive in a canyon area by search and rescue crews.
- Now here's some border security of a different nature: Mexico is concerned about American-made weapons crossing the border into their country.
- "Council Moves to Slow Down Traffic in Two Well Off Residential Areas."
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.