This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- It's official, but that doesn't make it good news: The Gulf oil spill has surpassed the Exxon one, making it the worst one in U.S. history.
- A little parade happened in downtown L.A. today to rally the efforts of bringing LeBron James to The Clippers.
- Sounds like fun: ABC is doing some game show where you throw stuff and people off the side of a 10-story building in downtown.
- KISS' Gene Simmons won't be charged in the alleged attack of a couple at The Grove last year.
- A relief for the family: the woman who randomly disappeared Wednesday in Lake Forest was found alive in a canyon area by search and rescue crews.
- Now here's some border security of a different nature: Mexico is concerned about American-made weapons crossing the border into their country.
- "Council Moves to Slow Down Traffic in Two Well Off Residential Areas."
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.