Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A car to car shooting left one injured in Silver Lake on Monday.
- Live in Venice, the South Bay or elsewhere in California's 36th District? A deep look into the Democratic candidates on transportation and cycling issues.
- In response to the deadly 2008 Chatsworth train crash that left 25 dead and over one hundred injured and thought to be caused by an engineer who was texting, a federal agency now wants to ban cellphone use by all commuter train personnel.
- Parking at Cedars-Sinai: "It's not the medical bills that are gonna bankrupt me--it's the damn parking lot."
- The non-partisan state legislative analyst issued a report today urging politicians to delay tax breaks and raise taxes and fees to avoid cuts to health and welfare programs in Gov. Schwarzenegger's budget plan.
- KNBC's Vice President of Content is no longer in his position. The news comes after an LA Times columnist ripped the newscast apart for being fluffy.
- Maria Elena Durazo was reelected to head up the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor. The LA Times calls the group the "county’s largest labor group and a political powerhouse."
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.