This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- 12 New York City-inspired streets projects that can be imported to Los Angeles.
- New York vs. L.A: Which Should Be America's Pot Capital?
- Tomorrow is National Train Day!
- Got $7.495 million? That's the new (and much lower) price of Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis House.
- Bad news for California wine: "A moth with a devastating appetite for grapes is causing worries in California's San Joaquin Valley, the country's top grape growing region."
- A new law signed by Gov. Schwarzenegger will make homeowners in California install carbon monoxide detectors starting in July 2011.
- The New El Cholo location in downtown could open in June.
- Kanye West has listed his computer-controleld Hollywood Hills home for $4 Million.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.