LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A Chinese company that produces electric cars said today that they will open its North American headquarters in downtown.
- Sick of airline baggage fees? Some in congress are, too, so they've introduced the Block Airlines’ Gratuitous Fees Act, or BAG Fees Act.
- Today was "No Phone Zone" day and Oprah (and many others) don't want you to drive distracted, which apparently leaves 15 people dead a day.
- The LAPD headquarters finally has bicycle racks that comply with safety standards.
- Twitter your Metro route and you could win a free month pass.
- Hugh Hefner talks about his "Save the Peak" donation and other do gooding he's done in the past.
- Will the Dodgers boycott Arizona over SB 1070, the immigration law?
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.