LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The critical eye of the Mayor Sam blog is taking a break, having announced over the weekend they feel it's time for a hiatus.
- Today's heavy rainstorm has forced the cancellation of horse racing at Santa Anita Track.
- More rainstorm fallout--or "fall down"--as a tree fell on a man today in Woodland Hills.
- The founder of Irvine-based fast food chain Taco Bell, Glen W. Bell, died yesterday at his home in Rancho Santa Fe. He was 86.
- The USDA has issued a recall on approximately 390 lbs. of beef produced by a company in Montebello as it may be tainted with E. coli.
- A local journalist finds out some good news while playing a round of Six Degrees of Jessica Alba.
- You still have time to enter our contest to win tickets to see the L.A. Chamber Orchestra with Chris Thile of Nickel Creek and Punch Bros.