Win Tickets to L.A. Chamber Orchestra's Concert with Chris Thile of Nickel Creek and Punch Bros.
Chris Thile | Photo by Cassandra Jenkins
One of most exciting trends in classical music these days are the collaborations between orchestras and popular musicians. Come Saturday, January 23rd, one of those concerts is happening in Glendale (and the same concert will occur at UCLA's Royce Hall on the 24th). Chris Thile, the virtuoso mandolin player from Nickel Creek and the Punch Brothers, will perform his Mandolin Concerto with the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra in a concert that will also works by Aaron Copland and Nico Muhly, a 28-year-old composer described by New York Magazine as “one of the next great hopes for the future of classical music.” With that said, we want you to be able to see this show and we're giving away two pairs of tickets to the Saturday, January 23rd concert (winners will also get entrance into a post-concert mixer with free appetizers). To enter our contest (you can also buy tickets to the show here), we want you to tell us what other L.A. Chamber Orchestra collaboratives you think would make for a great show. Should Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes join them? How about an Ozomatli collaboration? The options are infinite, have fun.
Full details on how to enter the contest are below.
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below.
- The criteria of the comment is that you share a popular music/chamber orchestra collaboration you would like to see.
- Only one entry per person allowed.
- Comments will be accepted through Tuesday, January 19th, 2009 11:59:59 p.m.
- Two qualifying comments will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login. Winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 10:00:00 p.m., Wednesday, January 20th, 2009 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
- A pair of tickets will be held at will call
Good luck and enjoy the show!