Extra, Extra: The 'I'm Chillin With Pigs' Edition
- Feeling lucky punk? Well, are ya? LAist hopes you are: Win a pair of VIP passes to LA Weekly's Detour Festival on October 6 and a pair of tickets for The Crystal Method at The Roxy next Tuesday. Good luck!
- Prosecutors plan to refile charges against Phil Spector. Jeez, what's a
murdererbrutha gotta do to walk free?
- Britney Spears "dined" at Acapulco in Burbank last night and the paparazzo’s freaked. It's like they'd never seen the wig-wearin', baby-hatin', cig-smokin' Spears before.
- LA Observed ponders why a neighbor would throw away an America flag, and not have the gall to recycle or burn the darn thing. The horror.
- Finally, we have found a way to win this damn war. Adopt Iraq.
- Two dead bodies were found in an Inglewood insurance office. Police are investigating the apparent robbery gone awry.
- Officials are f i n a l l y upgrading thousands of parking meters in Los Angeles. For some, you will be able to use a credit or debit card. Let me be the 1,023,324 person to say, it's about time.
- A Calabasas man stabbed his 55-year-old mother, reportedly saying to his sister that she should not go home because he killed their mother.
- The DEA raided an Oakland "marijuana candy factory." Agents seized 460 marijuana plants and numerous laced products including candy bars, cookies, moonpies, ice cream, peanut butter, jelly, energy drinks and Rice Krispy treats. Anyone else hungry?
"Chillin' with the pigs, dawg. (laughs). I'm chillin' with the pigs. I'm doing what they're doing: I'm kicking back." I thought I had a great job.Photo by WishByNight via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr