This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Yikes! Crews responding to a fire at a motorcycle club found a burning body in the alley behind the building.
- A 42-year-old Newport Beach financier who stood accused of operating a Ponzi scheme died at the hospital today after he collapsed at his home.
- The cause of death for a Garden Grove High School football player who died Friday after being injured in a game remains under investigation.
- Meanwhile, the LA Co. Sheriff's have cleared the coroner's office in their investigation of the Michael Jackson death, well, investigation.
- Metblogs is ready to help you celebrate Banned Book Month at Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena.
- They happen all the time, but maybe we're more tuned into them lately because of the Studio City mess...A water main under Melrose near Fairfax broke this morning, causing minor flooding.
- Did you hear the sonic boom yesterday? See if you can catch it in this audio recording.