Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- That 5.4 earthquake back in July caused $400,000 worth of damage at Mt. San Antonio College. Most of the repairs are now done, but not with the help of earthquake insurance, which did not kick in since no state of emergency declared, state money or FEMA involvement.
- Was it a little hard to get through all eleven propositions on the November ballot? One group wants change.
- A new swanky bar/restaurant--Provecho-- has opened downtown and it has an expansive tequila list.
- Safety around the Expo Line, a light rail scheduled to open between downtown and Culver City in 2010, will be the focus of a hearing on Thursday. At issue are at-grade crossings near Foshay Learning Center and Dorsey High School.
- Why was a KTLA news anchor not wearing a red ribbon in honor or World AIDS Day when otheres were this morning? A viewer e-mails and the anchor answers.
- Six students waiting at a bus stop were hit and injured by a van that plowed into them. One of them, a male, died later this afternoon.
- In San Francisco, Gavin Newsom takes a cue from President-Elect Barack Obama and opens a YouTube channel. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has yet to even get that savvy about the web. Speaking of which, will Villariagosa declare Dec. 3 as Yelp Day (yes, as in Yelp.com) like Newsom will?
- There are a lot of grandiose Christmas Trees around town. From City Hall to The Grove to Orange County, LA Now has the list.
- After the plane crash in October, DJ AM and Travis will reunite on New Year's Eve in Los Angeles at the Lot.