Extra, Extra - Labor Day Travel Traffic; Gay Marriage or Global Warming?
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- 2,000 DWP customers lost power today in Sun Valley.
- At noon, power was threatened to be cut from large energy consumers. But as the afternoon progressed, the Stage 2 was unlikely to happen.
- Yes, this is a heat wave.
- At age 18, having a DUI conviction, being a tagger and dealing in drugs is bound to get you caught up in murder charges in Van Nuys.
- A brush fire broke out in Castaic today and was put out quickly.
- Speaking of Castaic, Caltrans in a press release to LAist advises motorists traveling over the upcoming Labor Day Holiday weekend on the northbound Golden State Freeway (I-5) north of Santa Clarita (about 20 miles south of the “Grapevine”) to please plan ahead and leave early to avoid expected holiday-related delays -- due to an ongoing lane closure on northbound I-5 at Templin Highway, (approximately five miles north of Castaic). Three northbound lanes and all (4) southbound lanes remain open to motorists. Travel delays are expected from Thursday, August 30 through Monday, September 3.
- He sent a suspicious package to the Glendale Courthouse saying it was a bomb, but it ended up being a box of chocolates.
- Lame: "Federal agents spied on the widow of Martin Luther King Jr. for several years after his assassination in 1968, according to newly released documents that reveal the FBI worried about her following in the footsteps of the slain civil rights icon."
- Ugly Betty, which is back on TV starting September 27th, will feature Victoria Beckham as a guest star in one episode this season.
- Live in the Foothill Cities? Wanna blog about the Foothill Cities? Maybe you should consider blogging at the Foothill Cities blog. We're big fans of the anonymous bloggers over there, so we wish them well in their quest for some new blood.
- Headline of the Day: Americans Care More About Gay Marriage Than Global Warming