Extra, Extra: Car Chases, Gangs... Summer in LA
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- LA loves their police chases. In case you missed the 30-minute action last night, a supposed drunk driver led police from Westmont, to the 405, to the 110, ending up in South LA where he and a passenger bailed out of the car. Best part is they left 3 of their "friends" in the backseat with no control over the car, thus coming to a stop by smashing into a tree. Save yourself!
- Did someone say police chases? Another chase went down late last night around the same time and close to the same route as the one just mentioned. Everyone was of course arrested.
- The Bloods are thinning. Over 200 officers served search and arrest warrants to members of the MOB-PIRU Bloods gang early this morning in Compton. The police have been investigating the gang for seven months and call the raid, "icing on the cake."
- A 24-year-old Santa Maria man is in custody after burying a 5-year-old boy alive in the sand at a Pismo State beach on Friday.
- WeHo is pimping out their sidewalks to bicyclists for free, but watch it buster's!, you are "required to be careful - and courteous" toward all pedestrians.
- Sorry OC residents, you'll have to wait a week longer for your new Famima!! to open and offer up all of it's upscale conveniences.
- Homeless residents were evicted today from their digs above the ventilation shaft under the 1st street over pass downtown. LA Observed reports that by the looks of it, they've been living there for over a year and a half.