Extra, Extra: Don't Shoot Me (Just Talk About Me And Make Me Popular)
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A sizable contingent of Malibu's finest patrolled the beaches there this morning, trying to head off an anticipated battle between paparazzo's and surfers after last weeks turf war between cameramen and Matthew McConaughey brethren.
- But all was quiet.
- Labor leaders met today in an attempt to hammer out a new three-year deal at the port of Los Angeles where a contract between the International Longshore and Warehouse Union and the Pacific Maritime Association is set to expires Tuesday.
- This morning, the LA Times imagined what life would be like if the price of oil were to reach $200 a barrel. "The article is a good beginning, but it avoids the key question of how we ought to respond" Calitics said.
- Schwarzenegger isn't making many friends in the South Bay. The gov. asked Californian's to ditch their fireworks plans this July 4, angering some pyro purveyors.
- It's official: Gay people got married in June. In fact, more than two and a half times June's marriage average tied the knot.
- 405/101 Interchange Closure: Caltrans will be closing the northbound San Diego Freeway (I-405) connector to the east and westbound Ventura Freeway (U.S. 101), tomorrow, from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. for maintenance work. The northbound I-405 Sepulveda Boulevard on and off-ramps and east and westbound U.S. 101 Sepulveda Boulevard on-ramps will also be closed.