This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Don't Shoot Me (Just Talk About Me And Make Me Popular)
- A sizable contingent of Malibu's finest patrolled the beaches there this morning, trying to head off an anticipated battle between paparazzo's and surfers after last weeks turf war between cameramen and Matthew McConaughey brethren.
- But all was quiet.
- Labor leaders met today in an attempt to hammer out a new three-year deal at the port of Los Angeles where a contract between the International Longshore and Warehouse Union and the Pacific Maritime Association is set to expires Tuesday.
- This morning, the LA Times imagined what life would be like if the price of oil were to reach $200 a barrel. "The article is a good beginning, but it avoids the key question of how we ought to respond" Calitics said.
- Schwarzenegger isn't making many friends in the South Bay. The gov. asked Californian's to ditch their fireworks plans this July 4, angering some pyro purveyors.
- It's official: Gay people got married in June. In fact, more than two and a half times June's marriage average tied the knot.
- 405/101 Interchange Closure: Caltrans will be closing the northbound San Diego Freeway (I-405) connector to the east and westbound Ventura Freeway (U.S. 101), tomorrow, from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. for maintenance work. The northbound I-405 Sepulveda Boulevard on and off-ramps and east and westbound U.S. 101 Sepulveda Boulevard on-ramps will also be closed.