Extra, Extra: Knock, Knock. Who's There?
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A judge has dismissed a private citizen's lawsuit against the LAPD in relation to Special Order 40. The suit contended that the controversial law was "essentially a don't-ask-don't-tell policy for undocumented aliens."
- What's grosser than gross? How about the mysterious case of the disembowled cats in La Quinta?
- Speaking of cats, how about this bobcat who was spotted (groan!) roaming about the Sunset Plaza area.
- Authorities investigating the details surrounding the deaths of a San Clemente family of five whose bodies were discovering decomposing inside their home now believe they all committed suicide.
- Residents of Orange County should be on alert for a home invasion robber who's MO is to come to the door claiming he's on a scavenger hunt and his task is to perform a dance. He struck a home in Newport Beach this weekend, and previously hit in Corona Del Mar.
- When it comes to what's on his iPod, Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama seems to be...completely normal for a dude of his generation.
- Turns out it wasn't just the free coffee that was dripping yesterday at LA Mill in Silver Lake!
- And, in the spirit of free things, how about this current LAist ticket giveaway: See Sigur Ros live at the Greek on October 2nd. You've got until Friday to get thee over to the post and leave a comment about transit alternatives in LA. But you don't want to wait until the last minute, now do you?