Extra, Extra: Knock, Knock. Who's There?
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- A judge has dismissed a private citizen's lawsuit against the LAPD in relation to Special Order 40. The suit contended that the controversial law was "essentially a don't-ask-don't-tell policy for undocumented aliens."
- What's grosser than gross? How about the mysterious case of the disembowled cats in La Quinta?
- Speaking of cats, how about this bobcat who was spotted (groan!) roaming about the Sunset Plaza area.
- Authorities investigating the details surrounding the deaths of a San Clemente family of five whose bodies were discovering decomposing inside their home now believe they all committed suicide.
- Residents of Orange County should be on alert for a home invasion robber who's MO is to come to the door claiming he's on a scavenger hunt and his task is to perform a dance. He struck a home in Newport Beach this weekend, and previously hit in Corona Del Mar.
- When it comes to what's on his iPod, Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama seems to be...completely normal for a dude of his generation.
- Turns out it wasn't just the free coffee that was dripping yesterday at LA Mill in Silver Lake!
- And, in the spirit of free things, how about this current LAist ticket giveaway: See Sigur Ros live at the Greek on October 2nd. You've got until Friday to get thee over to the post and leave a comment about transit alternatives in LA. But you don't want to wait until the last minute, now do you?