Extra, Extra: Local Calls for Impeachment and the 105 Freeway Closing
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- All eastbound lanes between Sepulveda and La Cienega boulevards on the 105 Freeway will be closed from 3 AM to midnight this weekend and next for filming.
- L.A. 11st District City Councilman Bill Rosendahl introduced a resolution today to impeach President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.
- An ideal way to find all the farmers' markets in the L.A. region: LA Farmers' Market Mapplet.
- Jamie Foxx is shooting for another Oscar with his next role as brilliant, mentally troubled Skid Row musician Nathaniel Anthony Ayers in the biopic The Soloist.
- C'mon Scott and Dorrell: you guys need to get your story straight!
- What a sick, sick person: a teacher at the John Marshall High School in Los Feliz is under investigation for sexual misconduct with special ed students.
- Steven Seagal wants the FBI to apologize to him for killing (what little was left of) his "career."
- Whole Foods gets the go-ahead to buy out Wild Oats and thus expand its healthy/organic food empire.
- According to the No. 2 American commander in Iraq, the troops sent as part of the surge will start returning home in the spring of 2008 and will have completed the withdrawal by August.
- You mean to tell me the Bush administration actually lied about its claim to hold closed-door briefings with General Petraeus about the surge? Hard to believe...
- Poor Tony Snow: 'cuz he's only making a measly $168,000 per year in his gig as White House press secretary, he's planning on leaving the administration for financial reasons.