This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra Extra: Where'd I Park Again?
A very Zen moment: "I bet he is thinking, 'where did I park my car?'" | Photo by hinducow via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- Rest in Peace, Mister Egg McMuffin inventor! Now you will not live to see the day when McDonald's food is made up entirely of plastic and high fructose corn syrup.
- So apparently Mexicans hate emo kids so much that they are now rioting. Somebody please remind Death Cab For Cutie to cancel that Mexico City show.
- Because he knows SO MUCH about sports, Justin Timberlake will be hosting ESPN's cleverly named ESPY awards in LA this summer.
- No means "NO don't talk dirty to me!" Former Poison drummer Rikki Rocket was arrested on a rape charge when he arrived at LAX today.
- Has the recent spate of random shootings actually been race related? L.A. leaders are saying mebbe...mebbe not.
- Paul Stanley loves Pinkberry, Temescal Canyon, and Paradise Beach Cove Cafe! Kiss is so so so far from being scary anymore.
- Hey! It's been windy out!
- Okay, srsly? Somebody's been pulling his hair extensions a little too tightly, cause Axl Rose is now saying that he's into this whole "release Chinese Democracy and receive a free Dr. Pepper" thing. He's going to share his soda with Buckethead.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.