Extra, Extra: Famous YouTube Vloggers Can Be Broke, Too
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- We wish were out in Sweden right now, so we could get a glimpse into their breathtaking Ice Hotel.
- The Internet dream isn't alive and kicking. Just because Vloggers have millions of subscribers on YouTube, that doesn't mean they're making the big bucks.
- It's a Charlie Brown Christmas over in the O.C. A 90-foot-tall Christmas tree at the Westin hotel near South Coast Plaza was destroyed by a fire.
- Poor Mariah Carey. Her holiday mega-song, "All I Want For Christmas Is You," lost its first-place spot as the most played holiday song. It now follows The Shins' 2012 cover of Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime."
- The Port of Los Angeles is getting the largest ship ever to dock in North America this month. We're number one! We're number one!
- The rumor mill has it that Justin Bieber and Kourtney Kardashian were "nearly inseparable" and "touchy feely" at an L.A. lounge.
- If you thought Donald Trump's presidential campaign was weird A.F., check out this bizarre medical report his doctor released.
- And finally, here's a supercut of all things "Hotline Bling":