This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: HARD Concert Pisses Off Neighbors
- Governor Jerry Brown goes to church
- Neighbors near the Hard Haunted Mansion Day of the Dead in Chinatown are not happy
- Man who killed octopus for an "art project" pisses off Northwest
- The 9/11 museum is flooded
- New Yorkers without food or water are about to get junk food
- Police hunt for a gunman in a wheelchair
- Woman allegedly tried to kill her daughter on the freeway
- A little boy was killed after falling into a pit of wild dogs at a Pittsburgh Zoo
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.