Extra Extra: Nobody Here But Us Primary-Trackers
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Oh L.A. and your crazy kooky vagrants! Please meet Crazy Doll Lady (as we are calling her), pictured in the photo above. She and her scary puppet friends hang out around Sunset and Vine every day, and wait outside the Hollywood Public Library every morning for food handouts. Say hi to her if you see her...or drive by real real fast like I do!
- Even if the Globes are cancelled, Academy Awards organizers are claiming that the Oscars will indeed go on.
- Remember the 13-year-old girl who committed suicide because of heart-breaking and harassing MySpace messages she received from a woman pretending to be cute teenage boy? Well, lawyers may have figured out a way to prosecute and convict the adults responsible.
- Some drugged-out crazy man pulled a Michael Jackson last night in Sylmar, dangling a 18-month-old baby over a railing. Incidentally, police used a taser to subdue the guy, instead of firearms.
- A Wii Battleaxe? IPhone knockoffs? A 150" flat-screen TV? Gizmodo has these and many more highlights from the Consumer Electronics Show.
- Tom Cruise is now beaming up disgruntled striking writers into his UA spaceship: "writers have reached a deal with Tom Cruise's production outfit United Artists Films to resume working while the strike continues against other studios."
- NPR reports on The Guvnuh and the budget deficit: "The governor has said he will propose deep budget cuts Tuesday and declare a "fiscal emergency" within a month."
- It's a slow news day. Why don't you get out and enjoy the quiet and the crisp air, and see some movies? American Cinematheque is hosting foreign film screenings all week long.