Extra, Extra: Don't Hit Your Future Brother-in-Law With a Golf Club
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- A young boy was burned during a "Roman Candle Duel" held by two teenagers.
- Mural hunting: There's a new work by Mear One at The Shirt Spot in Lincoln Heights; LA TACO has some photos.
- This weekend in Burbank, a man was arrested for allegedly trying to hit his sister’s fiance with a golf club during a fight.
- A whole lotta counterfeit cigarettes and Viagara pills were seized in a bust as part of a widespread operation in L.A. County.
- Do you want to walk and talk with the animals? The LA Zoo is looking for docents.
- Speaking of the Zoo, though, if you're going to visit, it is going to cost you more. Not only did the City Council approve higher parking violation fines, but they also approved a Zoo admission increase.
- If you're buying or growing some good tomatoes this season (as in not the lousy tasteless supermarket ones), Farmscape has some tomato tasting tips.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).