Extra, Extra: Fraternity Hazing, College Rivalry Week and Free Pie
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Over 300 Irvine households have been without power for 34 hours and counting.
- UCLA and USC are going to extreme measures to protect their mascots as rivalry week approaches.
- A car fire in Van Nuys spread to the attic of a nearby building before being put out.
- Brad Pitt claims that he'll quit acting when he turns 50 -- in three years.
- Local bakery Simplethings is giving away free pie in exchange for holiday kitchen disaster stories.
- Three residential hotels on Skid Row may be headed for bankruptcy.
- A UC Davis student is suing the school over alleged fraternity hazing.