This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Steve Lopez of the LA Times weighs in on Occupy LA.
- Beyonce is planning to launch a plus-size clothing line.
- Some people have ruined it for the rest of us: the LA City Council banned bath salts.
- A group of strippers from Plan B are hitting the club with a class action lawsuit.
- Let the speculation begin: some believe that the Raiders are headed to Los Angeles.
- A three-day service outage has hit Blackberry customers in North America, leaving many without their most trusted and loved technological companion.
- Expert testimony in the Conrad Murray trial calls the doctor's care of Michael Jackson "unethical."
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.