LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A man committed suicide by jumping off a parking structure in the middle of the Occupy San Diego protests.
- Oscar de la Hoya opens up about his alcoholism.
- Governor Brown signed into law a bill that bans people under the age of 18 from using tanning beds.
- Brad Pitt's current movie set was raided, and authorities found guns that were intended to be used as props but were instead filled with live ammo.
- KCET launched a documentary about Highland Park.
- A new L.A.-based firm is offering to rent you a grandma.
- A father attacked his son with a sword for not doing chores around the house.