Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Want to adopt a duck? You can, in Santa Clarita Valley.
- A UCLA student was sexually assaulted near campus, prompting a search for the assailant and a warning to students to be extra vigilant.
- An LAPD narcotics detective has been arrested on charges of domestic abuse.
- There are reportedly fewer homeless people living in downtown Long Beach these days.
- The LA Times Ministry of Gossip blog inadvertantly ran a paparazzi shot of Jennifer Aniston that featured a naked woman in the background.
- The Glendale School Board is still taking steps to try to ban Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" from being read by 11th grade AP English students.
- Sharon Stone got a restraining order against a man who showed up at her Hollywood Hills home twice, claiming that he helped kill Osama bin Laden and was the father of one of her kids.