LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Want to adopt a duck? You can, in Santa Clarita Valley.
- A UCLA student was sexually assaulted near campus, prompting a search for the assailant and a warning to students to be extra vigilant.
- An LAPD narcotics detective has been arrested on charges of domestic abuse.
- There are reportedly fewer homeless people living in downtown Long Beach these days.
- The LA Times Ministry of Gossip blog inadvertantly ran a paparazzi shot of Jennifer Aniston that featured a naked woman in the background.
- The Glendale School Board is still taking steps to try to ban Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" from being read by 11th grade AP English students.
- Sharon Stone got a restraining order against a man who showed up at her Hollywood Hills home twice, claiming that he helped kill Osama bin Laden and was the father of one of her kids.