Extra Extra: All Our Secrets Revealed!!!
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Because he's too shy (and way too busy) to announce it here himself, I am proud to do the honors: Zach Behrens has officially accepted the Editor position here at LAist and he'll be starting on December 17th. BloggingLA has the announcement, as well as a nice picture of the new editor's "Sexy Face." That's how you get your Canadian fanbase, Behrens!!!
- Rain. Please. Rain.
- Effects of the strike are starting to ripple out into the media workforce: among the companies rumored to be making serious job cuts in the near future are NBC and MSNBC, Sony BMG, Universal Music, and several print media companies.
- If the Grammy website hasn't been working for you, Idolator has a full list of the nominations. Do we really live in a world where Wilco is going up against Chris Daughtry for an award? Don't even get me started on the Best New Artist category. Oh wait I already did.
- Famed tattoo artist and reality tv show personality Kat Von D is hoping to break the Guinness World Record for most tattoos inked in one day -- you too can get a custom "L.A." tattoo from this hottie for only $20 when she starts her record-breaking streak on Friday, December 14th.
- You know, I think I'm gonna start wearing peg-leg jeans and ratty v-neck white tees just to be IRONIC. What do you think of that? I think your brain just exploded from trying too hard to figure out what that even means, is what I think. Anyway, Guanabee has some sort of rant on the whole hipster-East Side-authenticity-gentrification debate, yawn.
- There is no motive and no suspect in a Van Nuys shooting that left two young men dead last night.
- This is possibly very very awesome, you guys! Did Jodie Foster acknowledge her female "life-partner" at the Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment breakfast??? "Jodie thanked those nearest and dearest to her. Among them was 'my beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss.'" Nice!
- Do the Midnight Ridazz scare you? Or do you think they're an awesome collective of community-minded activists who are taking it upon themselves to permanently affect the L.A. commuting landscape? They scare me a little, but that's only because some of them might be ex-boyfriends.
Photo by via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr