LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A truck driver was severely burned when his big rig caught fire on the transition from the eastbound 91 Freeway to the southbound 110
- An LAFD Tillerman Firefighter was released from the hospital after an injury on Friday caused when the ladder he was climbing slipped out from under him while fighting a fire in South Boyle Heights
- Fruit trees are coming along slowly thanks to the weather this season, but it may be worth the wait as it's already a great year for cherries in Ventura County
- Hundreds of zombies attempted to set a record downtown on Friday the 13th and LA Weekly has photos
- Sunday's start of the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race is threatened by snow in Tahoe
- An L.A. photographer is hoping to fund an electric motor to "solve the world's energy problems with the proceeds from his sales of about 130 photos of Michael Jackson from back in the Afro days.