LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- LAPD is conducting sweeps of street food vendors in the Valley; some believe it may have more to do with targeting the undocumented.
- The Bike Plan Implementation Team (BPIT) will be meeting on Tuesday to discuss the possibility of bike lanes on 7th Street in downtown.
- NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in La Cañada Flintridge may be cutting up to 250 employees.
- Police are looking for a person who set a cat on fire in Long Beach.
- A man who shot and killed his wife claims he was aiming for a dog.
- A suspect accused of a motel shooting is being held in Orange County for $1 million.
- Enter our contest to win tickets to the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra's "Westside Connections" series, which takes an innovative look at the connection between music and other artistic disciplines.