LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A vacant lot in West Adams has been turned into a community garden.
- A spacecraft launch from Vandenberg Air Force base was delayed this morning, because of a problem with equipment.
- In today's Huffington Post, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa waxes philosophical about creating jobs.
- Managers of the Hollywood Farmers Market are still butting heads with LA Film School over the use of curb space.
- An accident involving a helicopter occurred this afternoon during a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department training.
- Because of new rules imposing silent zones, OC trains will not sound their horns as frequently in certain areas.
- Enter our contest to win tickets to the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra's "Westside Connections" series, which takes an innovative look at the connection between music and other artistic disciplines.