LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- 2 more missing women could be victims of the "Grim Sleeper," say the LAPD.
- State Senator Gloria Romero is headed to the White House this weekend to watch the Super Bowl.
- Get a sneak peek at the 400 pounds of chocolate, licorice-flavored jelly beans and more that make up the 100th birthday cake for President Ronald Reagan.
- OC authorities have released video of the man they're calling the "Stick Figure Bandit" in hopes the public can help identify and locate him. Meanwhile, in San Diego, authorities think they've caught the "Drywaller Bandit."
- BAFTA has announced their plans to honor the wildly successful Harry Potter films. Yay?
- Viral video fun times: "Keyboard Cat" spoofs Banksy's "Exit Through the Gift Shop" in "Exit Through the Pet Shop."
- Want to be a winner? We have two opportunities for you: Our contest to win a pair of tickets to see Dispatch live at the Greek Theatre ends tomorrow morning. And our contest to win one of four pairs of tickets to see the Onion Editors in a live discussion at Royce Hall has just begun. Win, win, win!