This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
This Week in Video Games
Today marks the beginning of the 2008 race towards raising the standard of gaming. As we mentioned previously, 2007 was a monumental year for the world of video games. Take a look at a selection of some of the highly anticipated games of the year, in stores today.
The two titles that will most likely round out the top 10 lists of gamers worldwide are Devil May Cry 4 and Turok. Check out the vids of both below; the rest is just a list of this week's lesser known releases.
1. Devil May Cry 4 (Xbox360, PS3) - Fourth installment of Capcom's revered action series. Hunt down demons and swoon at the graphics. We've got this one pre-ordered so expect an in depth review soon!
2. Turok (Xbox360, PS3)- Haven't you always wanted to gun down a T-Rex?
3. Assassin's Creed: The Altair Chronicles (Nintendo DS) - DS version of the recently released console title. All the fun of the Crusades without any of the disease.
4. Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore (PS2, Wii, Xbox 360) - Not too excited for this one, but we didn't want to snub the Wii from the list. Also, if there were any noteworthy titles coming out on the PSP we'd let you know.
5. Culdcept Saga (Xbox360) - The closest thing Microsoft will get to a D&D/Final Fantasy type of game. Probably too geeky for even the geekiest of geeks.
6. The Spiderwick Chronicles (Xbox 360) - An action/RPG game based on the upcoming feature film.
Also, if you're excited about a title that wasn't mentioned here, please let us know!