Soprano Fans Want Tony Dead
Even in death, Sopranos fans are trying to prove that their favorite character is dead.
On Sunday the critically-acclaimed mob drama The Sopranos wrapped up their series with a controversial ending that has left fans either applauding or jeering, but it seems like the fans who loved the show the most are the ones who are looking for clues to prove that the main character, Tony Soprano, was whacked.
Many are claiming that there were alternate endings or false endings to throw off snitches who might run to the press. And even Journey is back in the news. So here's a rundown of Sopranos stories in the news.
- TonyIsDead.com provides an alternate shirt that Tony wore during the taping (inset, above), which proves something
- Two Lost producers say that their ending will not be a blackout ending like the Sopranos
- "Don't Stop Believing" is #19 (with a bullet?) on the iTunes singles chart
- Journey singer knew the ending, and wasn't crazy about them using the song - at first
- 10 Reasons Why Tony is Dead
- Did Chase just run out of film?
- Even though the Sopranos finale was the 4th biggest HBO audience ever, more people still watched America's Got Talent on Sunday than any other show.
- Wikipedia has disabled the editing of the Sopranos entry to new or unregistered users due to vandalism
- A post in the San Jose Mercury News on Monday about the Sopranos crashed the site
- David Chase gives exclusive interview to Jersey paper
- That reporter gets interviewed on PBS
- No Sopranos movie in the works
- Maxim's explosive alt-ending
- What if the Sopranos had been on a broadcast network
- The onion rings were symbolic
AP and HBO photos