This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Treetop Productions Presents Serendipity - Saturday Downtown
Even though the prevailing attitude is that it's impossible to be surprised in Los Angeles (been there, seen that, done it times three), it doesn't mean we've stopped searching for the unexpected. Enter multi-tasking creative Leila Fakouri and her newest endeavors to knock our socks off. Both her event planning outfit, Treetop Productions, and her design firm, Madera Design, are natural extensions of a varied and successful career that includes building an art- and music-centric bar in San Francisco's Western Addition and gallery shows of her photography and custom furniture designs.
Now that she's returned from the Bay Area, she's thrown herself into cultivating an artistic community in Downtown LA, garnering the attention and collaboration of local filmmakers, fine artists, designers, and musicians. One such melding of the enterprising minds has resulted in Serendipity, which the creators dub "an interactive story based multimedia event..that blurs the line between human, animal, and nature". In short, you've emerged from your journey down the rabbit hole and you're pleased to find there's dessert, booze, and DJs to help ease the fact that the world as you know it is now on its ear.
Tickets for the second installment of Serendipity this Saturday, October 17th in Downtown LA are available for $35 and garner you the following goodies:
- Entrance to the Madera Design house - a mammoth art installation in Downtown Los Angeles
- Decadent Desserts provided by Blu LA Café
- Music By: Carlos Niño of Dublab and Cinespia, Anthony Valadez of KCRW, Two Birds, Tanya Kelleher, Derf Reklaw, plus Operatic vocals, melodies, and other oddities by “The Flowers” and “The Gentleman”
- An interactive story with a collection of curious characters and creatures to play with
- Live installations by Madera Design
- The Serpent’s Daydream - An aerial dance by Agent Red
- The Winged Beast - A stilt experience by Eros of Cirque Du Soleil
- The Wolf and the Lady Waltz
- The Scarab’s Overture - An eclectic vision of dance and movement
- Ballerina on a Shelf
- The Perfumer's Incantation
- Spoken word and song from the Messenger
- Costumed fashions by Threadbare
- A variety of jewelry and headpiece designs
- Video Art by Mal.eye
- Art exhibition with Justin Davidson, Leila Fakouri, Alex Lu, and Nancy Mungcal
- Signature cocktails, beer, & wine provided at the cash bar
- Curbside valet