This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
• Dead Meadow, Silversun Pickups and The Clean Prophets are at the Troubadour tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $10 advance, $12 day of.
• Spaceland features The 88, Derby and Rocco Deluca, plus a late night happy hour, with drink specials and no cover after 12:15 AM.
• The Echo has the Los Abandoned Winter Formal, also featuring Gitch and DJ Santi, tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $8.
• Baritone Mattias Goerne sings Shostakovich (Symphony No. 14) during Casual Fridays at the Disney Concert Hall. The concert begins at 8 PM.
• The Aero Theatre features the film inspired by The Seven Samurai, The Magnificent Seven, starring Steve McQueen and Yul Brenner, tonight at 7:30 PM.
• At the Egyptian, enjoy a Kurosawa noir double feature: Stray Dog and Drunken Angel, beginning at 7:30 PM.
• First Fridays at the Natural History Museum is the opening of Sonic Scenery. Bring your iPod and experience the new audio exhibit of gallery soundtracks by The Sun Ra Arkestra, Ozomatli, Autolux, Nels Cline, Matmos, Jon Hassell, Nobody, Stephen Hartke, Languis, and David J. Pause, plus musicians and DJs performing "silent sets" heard only by headphone. At 8 PM, artist Jon Hassell, Dublab founder Mark "Frosty" McNeill and moderator Hope Tschopik Schneider will discuss the future of sound in space.
Click here to see our list of events for the weekend.