This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Harrison Ford Broke His Leg On The ‘Star Wars’ Set, Possibly From The Millennium Falcon
It turns out that Harrison Ford didn't just injure his ankle last week while filming Star Wars. It was actually a lot worse—the 71-year-old actor broke his leg.
His publicist Ina Treciokas told CNN today that Ford's leg surgery was successful and he'll be in rehab soon. "He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work," Treciokas said.
But the show must go on. Disney Studios said in a statement last week that shooting will continue as planned while Ford recuperates.
Ford is reprising his iconic role as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode VII, and was shooting at the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, England at the time of his accident. A source told The Hollywood Reporter last week that Ford was injured by the door of the Millennium Falcon, the ship Han Solo pilots in the original movies. However, Disney and Treciokas haven't confirmed this.
At least it looks like the Millennium Falcon is making a comeback, as the details of the upcoming J.J. Abrams film have been hush-hush. The movie will also be bringing back Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, and it's supposed to take place 30 years after what took place in Return of the Jedi. It's scheduled to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.