'Parks And Rec' Exec Producer Died From Heroin Overdose, Coroner Confirms
A coroner's report confirms that Parks and Recreation executive producer Harris Wittels died from an accidental heroin overdose in February.
E! News obtained the report, which also detailed that "drug paraphernalia, including a spoon, syringe cap and remnants of latex balloons were recovered from the scene."
Up until now, people only speculated that Wittels died from a possible overdose, but this report now confirms it. Friends of Wittels, like Sarah Silverman and Amy Poehler, spoke out about his drug addiction and expressed their sadness over his death.
Wittels—a brilliant and beloved comedian who also had written for Eastbound and Down, The Sarah Silverman Program, and had created the wildly popular Twitter @Humblebrag—was 30 when his assistant found his body in his Los Feliz home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
"There are so few people that you meet in life that give you that feeling that you've found a real unique, original person," Parks and Recreation star Aziz Ansari wrote on his blog shortly after Wittels' death. "Harris Wittels was one of those and we lost him yesterday. He was 30 years old. I've been devastated."