ICYMI: Check Out These El Chapo-Inspired Nail Designs
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Someone discovered that Oscar award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey had a very janky, sparsely populated YouTube channel. After a post on Reddit exposed this social media travesty, and taking pity on such #sad numbers, it appears that McConaughey's numbers have jumped up to more than 62,000 subscribers, from 8,000 since the page was publicized. Phew!
- These "Sinaloa-style" nails inspired by El Chapo are....really, really cool.
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel are holding a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton next week in place of NIMBYer Leo DiCaprio, who's busy or something. Tickets will set you back a mere $33,400.
- The Olympics are just about over, which means that most participating athletes can eat whatever the hell they want now.
- On this day in 1979, Bob Dylan released Slow Train Coming. The heavily Christian songs alienated many fans, but they're missing out on some great jams, like this one