Extra, Extra: Your Dream Job Awaits
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Jobseekers who like to "stroll the white sands, soak up the sun, snorkel the reef, "maybe clean the pool" -- and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates," have we got an opportunity for you! Australia is looking for someone to lay around a beautiful tropical island for six months. Oh, they'll also pay you $105,000 for your troubles.
- Update on the Fight Against LA Billboards we reported on earlier. City Planners released a report today calling for the permanent ban of digital billboards - with an exception...
- Just like everyone else, the Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education is facing some money problems. So much so, that they are considering canning as many as 2,290 nonpermanent teachers.
- Those W-9's are rolling in and you're chomping at the bit to get your taxes going. Before you go out and get some yokel to prepare your taxes, here's a few things to consider.
- The "Brawl at the Mall" on Saturday at the Del Amo mall is returning some new details. 300 to 400 people gathered outside a movie theater to watch two women fight. That's right, 300 to 400 people gathered outside a movie theater to watch two women fight.
- AT&T customers looking to increase their Karma points, text the word ”SHARE” to 20222. Your text is translated into a $5 donation for Share Our Strength - a non-profit organization aimed at leaving no kid hungry.
- A blind acting troupe is aspiring others while breaking out of their own shells. Through the development and performance of their self-written play "Hiding Eyes," a mafia thriller, (which played to a sold out Santa Monica crowd) - Ernest no longer stuttered; Bert started remembering more things; And Ernie broke his silence.