This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
'Sayre' Fire Prompts Freeway Closures
Due to the Sayre fire, which is burning through the Newhall Pass and the Northeastern San Fernando Valley, several local freeways are shut down as firefighters work to control the flames. Overnight, powerful winds caused the fire to "jump" the 5 freeway, and now neighborhoods in the Reseda-Granada Hills-Porter Ranch area face the threat of the flames. Do your best to avoid traveling to or through these areas, and note the following freeway closures (via abc7.com):
- The 210 Freeway has been closed in both directions between the 118 and the 5 freeways.
- The 210 Hubbard Ave. on- and off-ramps are closed
- The 210 Osborne St. on- and off-ramps are closed
- I-5 Freeway closed northbound at 126
- 14 shut soutbound at San Fernando
- Northbound 5 Freeway closed at the 118
- Northbound 405 Freeway closed at 118