Beaver Pride: Caltech Deemed Most Selective University in the Country
Students who get into the California Institute of Technology, aka Caltech, you have really, truly, seriously earned some bragging rights. Based on data collected by The Business Journals On Numbers, Caltech was not only deemed to be the most selective in its respective region, but it is also the most selective university in the nation based on admission rates and entrance-exam scores.
Los Angeles Business explains that Caltech meets all three of the criteria laid out in the analysis:
* It admits fewer than 15 percent of its applicants.
* One-quarter of its new students score better than 1,550 on the SAT's 1,600-point scale.
* Three-quarters of those same newcomers score better than 1,450.
Here's how Caltech fares in those three categories: "Caltech's actual admissions rate is 12.6 percent, and its SAT scores at the two levels noted above are 1,580 and 1,485."While Caltech is also tops in the West, these are the three other most selective schools by region:
* East: Princeton University
* South: Vanderbilt University
* Midwest: University of Chicago
Congrats Caltech students and alumni. Beaver pride FTW!