Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.

This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.

News

Wind, Rain And Maybe Even Hail To Hit SoCal This Week

hail_santamonica.jpg
Hail hits Santa Monica in January 2010 (Photo by arne_xbox via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr)
Before you read more...
Dear reader, we're asking you to help us keep local news available for all. Your financial support keeps our stories free to read, instead of hidden behind paywalls. We believe when reliable local reporting is widely available, the entire community benefits. Thank you for investing in your neighborhood.


A “cool and unsettled” weather pattern will hit SoCal early this week, with a 40 percent chance of rain after midnight tonight.Wind gusts are expected to hit 30 mph Sunday, and by Monday night, there’s a 60 percent chance of rain in the L.A. area, with heavier showers likely after midnight, according to the National Weather Service. Rain could continue through Tuesday night, with the possibility of thunderstorms and even hail as cooler air moves aloft.

A weaker weather pattern should move through the L.A. area later in the week, with a 20 percent chance of rain Thursday and Friday.