Where To See Fireworks On The 4th Of July Around L.A.
We've made it to the Fourth of July 2017 (yeah, that went pretty fast). Get your grills fired up, lather your skin in sunscreen (remember, apply generously, and reapply regularly), and, when the sun goes down, get ready for some epic fireworks.
It should also be noted, though, that we are currently in the middle of fire season, and having/using fireworks both in the city of Los Angeles and unincorporated parts of the county is illegal. What's more, it's dangerous both to yourself, those around you, and may cause a fire. So, please, check out one of these professional shows instead (and since we live in the greatest city in the world, we have plenty of options).
Here is a (partial) list of official fireworks displays around the city and county of Los Angeles.
City of Los Angeles
- Grand Park/DTLA: The Music Center will be hosting a free "block party" for all ages in downtown L.A.'s Grand Park beginning at 2 p.m., with fireworks coloring the downtown skyline running from 9 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
Grand Park is located at 200 North Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles.
- Exposition Park/L.A. Memorial Coliseum: The annual Fourth of July celebration at Exposition Park will be hosted at the Memorial Coliseum. The event is family-friendly and free to the public, with music, food, and various non-profit organizations operating booths. A fireworks show will run from 9 to 9:30 p.m.
The L.A. Memorial Coliseum is located at 3911 South Figueroa Street in South Los Angeles.
- Hollywood Bowl: The Hollywood Bowl will be holding its annual Fireworks Spectacular this year with special guests Pentatonix. The show begins at 7:30 p.m., and fireworks are scheduled following the show. Tickets are currently sold out, but various vantage points in the area may offer a glimpse of the fireworks.
The Hollywood Bowl is located at 2301 North Highland Avenue in Hollywood.
- Dodger Stadium: The Fourth of July kicks off at Dodger Stadium with the boys in blue playing against the Arizona Diamondbacks beginning at 6:10 p.m. Tickets are still available. Fireworks will begin following the game.
Dodger Stadium is located at 1000 Vin Scully Avenue in Echo Park.
- Porter Ranch: The north valley's annual fireworks display at Shepherd of the Hills Church will begin around 9 p.m. and lasts about 20 minutes.
Shepherd of the Hills Porter Ranch is located at 19700 Rinaldi Street in Porter Ranch
The Los Angeles Fire Department has a list of more free public fireworks displays in the city here.
County of Los Angeles
All fireworks displays are scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Calabasas: The city of Calabasas will be hosting a free public fireworks display at Calabasas High School.
Calabasas High School is located at 22855 Mulholland Highway in Calabasas.
- Marina Del Rey: The annual fireworks display will begin over the harbor at 9 p.m., and lasts for about 20 minutes. The display will take place over either Burton Chace Park or the Fisherman's Village (they're right next to each other). Parking is available in area lots for between $7-$15.
Burton Chace Park is located at 13650 Mindanao Way in Marina del Rey. Fisherman's Village is located at 13755 Fiji Way in Marina del Rey.
- Malibu: Two sponsored fireworks displays will take place over the shores of Malibu. One at Paradise Cove and the other along Malibu Colony Road.
Paradise Cove Beach is located off 28128 Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. Malibu Colony Road is inaccessible to the public, however, the fireworks display will be visible from Malibu Road located off the Pacific Coast Highway.
- Pomona: Pomona will host a fireworks display at the Fairplex. In addition to the fireworks, the Kaboom Monster Truck and Motocross event will begin at 5 p.m, with fireworks starting at 9:20 p.m. Tickets start at $18.50, and parking is $10.
The Pomona Fairplex is located at 1101 West McKinley Avenue in Pomona.
- Santa Clarita: The City of Santa Clarita will host a fireworks show at 9:15 at the Valencia Town Center.
The Valencia Town Center is located at 24201 West Valencia Boulevard in Santa Clarita.
Long Beach: The Queen Mary will play host to its annual All-American 4th of July celebration. The event begins aboard the ship at 2 p.m., with tickets at $44. The event includes music and food. Fireworks begin over the ship at 9 p.m.
The Queen Mary is located at 1126 Queens Highway in Long Beach.
For a full list of free public fireworks displays in Los Angeles County, click here.