This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Week Around the Ists
Photo by Stuart Axe.
- Londonist found photos of the day the space shuttle came to London, and took a special trip on the city's new Tube line, getting a video from inside the driver's cab.
- Phillyist nominated yet another asshole of the week, and not without controversy.
- Chicagoist ran a special video series, "Detailed," in which they explored four examples of local, self-employed artisans: The Chef, The Carpenter, The Bookbinder, and The Technician.
- LAist was shaken up by a 4.4 earthquake at 4:04 Tuesday morning, and by talk that the San Diego "runaway Prius" was maybe a hoax.
- Torontoist, following in Londonist's footsteps, figured out their city's exact geographic center. With science!
- Gothamist's commenters think a NJ woman's fantasy to become 1,000 pounds is, well, kind of insane.
- SFist was shocked and delighted to hear that Orly Taitz, queen of the birther movement, has decided to run for the Republican Party's nomination for California's Secretary of State.
- Bostonist contemplated 1,001 beers.